Sunday, November 9, 2008

Part 4

Part 4. 

Oh well, came home just under an hour ago after I watched Quantum Of Solace again, it was rather good this second time round. I'm trying to rewatch it yet again when my sister comes back from Tokyo on the 12th of November. And if I can, I'm trying to watch Madagascar:Escape 2 Africa this week, which will mean I will be watching approximately 5 movies at the cinema in under two weeks.

Anyway, I was reading some stuff about the least valued currency unit just now.

*ATTENTION!*
I CAN PROVIDE YOU A SERVICE. I WILL BUY ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS FROM A MONEY EXCHANGER AND SELL EM TO YOU. CURRENT PRICE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 600TRILLION-800TRILLION ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS FOR EVERY SINGAPORE DOLLAR.

Crazy right? Well, that's hyperinflation. Here, I'll give you some links to some interesting stuff to read. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_valued_currency_unit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

Some of it is just crazy. There should be a picture of a woman putting banknotes into her oven or stove cos the money burned longer than the amount of firewood you could buy with it. The zimbabwean dollar is practically worthless and it can be used as cheap paper, tissue paper, toilet paper, things to burn.

That's all I can think of now. See you next time

No comments: